Monday, April 09, 2007

Who Are You, Anyway?

There's A Cockroach In My Coffee
There's A Needle In My Arm
Take Me To The Farm (Or Bhutan) :D

Nothing like making fresh plans with your friends! Even if it is making 'em all over again, with a new one! :-)
"Let's go someplace, man! I'm so fuckin' bored here!", he whined. He knew at once, I was really feeling the heat! Although I swore often, but never on the phone or over a chat!!
"You know, I had this really weird nightmare yesterday!"
"Ahaan? What about the nightmare?", he felt the need to pursue the truth (which at the moment was more anguish and sorrow!)
"You know how it is! Work-pressure and all. How you're *expected* to *do* things *just like that*!"

I was standing near the DCS Panel (Distributed Control System Panel for the ignorant). Looking funny at the CRT for the Queen (the Recycle Gas Compressor, Elliott-Ebara make for the lesser known mortals) wouldn't go to her rated rpm inspite of repeated trials! And an idle rpm isn't our idea of a running compressor anyway! A 1000 rpm is no good to someone who's *just about* comfortable with a little over 5800. He saw a barrage of men barging in with little respect for the sanctity of the moment! Little know-how, even less regard for the situation was not what He could gulp (even with all the glasses of water the world had to offer)
"Say, who the fuck are you guys, anyway?" He knew who they were, for their helmet resting agitatedly on their heads said that quite distinctly! Two letters that spelt doom to most in the control room - "ED", "GM(T)", "DGM(TS)" (Okay, more than two letters - but hey! I'm not thinking straight!!). People who were both unaware and aware of what was going on were only too timid to intervene!
"Yes, I'm talking to you, you nitwit!! What the hell are you doing here? You know there are *other* things that need your attention more than a plant start-up! Just get outta here, NOW!!" The Executive Director stood there motionless for exactly an eon (thank you, Celestial Clock!). Then he left without a word.
(*knock, knock!* Who is it? Its Sanity. Missed me??)
"Sir! I'm sorry! It's just the gravity of the situation that seems to bring out the devil in all of us. I am, regretfully, just one of those men who seem to have been effected by it. I suppose you, you'll not only forgive my folly, but also forget all about it!"
"Forget? Yeah, Right!", he sneered. I'll See You Around.
He felt his heart sink abysmally to something that could be likened to Challenger Deep!
Am up shit-creek. Without a paddle, man!
Next I find himself on top of my Regenerator for no apparent reason. Oh, but there was! I was soon to fall off of it.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
It must have been real! (The shriek, for its reverberations were heard a little after he found himself staring at the laptop's blue lights. He had dozed off without turning it off. But that was the least of his problems! A pounding heart was worse than a sinking heart, he thought. Further musing made him wince!
His nightmares did come true, almost without an exception!
He got up from his bed. Took a bath right away!

"Take me to Bhutan, boy! Take me to Bhutan this very moment!!"
"Yeah, why not buddy! Why Not!!!", he chuckled vociferously.


I relaxed. For even if the plan were to materialise a hundred million years after mankind had ceased to be - we would still be on!

No comments: