Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It'll Take A Minute

"I'll take a minute. You guys carry on!", B smiled and held his index finger up for added emphasis just as he was about to answer the phone.
(And the minute became minutes, for he didn't realise - Time & Tide Waited For No Man)
"I wonder whats wrong!", said his companion - C, seriously worried as to what was keeping him busy for so long!
"No, he's fine! It's just that girl who keeps calling him every now and then", assured N.
"Really? A Girl?? Awww Man!! I can't believe we're being ignored for a girl.", protested C.
"Its Ok Boy! She's not *just* a girl", N winked playfully.
"Ooooh!! Is It", excited at the prospect of getting to tease B as soon as he'd heard the words N spoke.
"Excusez-Moi! Are you guys conspiring against me?", enquired B, feeling awful at being stabbed in the back by friends he held in high regard.
"No, Not yet!"
"Let Down is what I feel", said B mockingly. "Whats the big idea of talking to a girl if I'm not even going to be teased about it! This just doesn't cut it!! Goddammit. All good work has come undone."
"Oh, knock it off! Just shut-up and keep walking!", said S, agitated now.
"I can hear ice break. Do you hear it too? Do you, do you, do you??"
"Oh, Shut-Up!!"
"I can feel it"
(Peeep-peeep-peeep - bike honking its horns in the distance)
"& There's confirmation! See, I told you, didn't I?"
"So? You've found your girl, huh?"
"Found? Found?? Is that a trick question??"
"No. Why?"
"You mean to say I have to find one?"
"Yeah, we all have to. Eventually!"
"But why do I have to look for her? Thats like working hard for something that I'm going to be stuck with for the rest of my life!! It's like telling me I'm not worthy of it. That I don't deserve it."
"Oh, shut-up!"
"No, really! Why can't she just have a light-bulb on her face that glows each time I talk to her, so I know *she* is the *one*!"
"But think of it this way - Everytime you get a call on your phone, 'she glows', right?"
"Oh, Crap!! She's not even close to the *one*."
"And that will explain why you're on the phone more often than not, won't it?"
B looked at the pavement on the other side of the road and scratched his forehead. He kept walking, nonetheless. Kept walking until his phone rang again!
"I'll take a minute. You guys carry on!"
(And the minute became minutes, for he didn't realise - Time & Tide Waited For No Man)

No comments: