Friday, April 13, 2007

When Jack Met Emma..!! (Or Angels Don't Lie): Part - II

"Emma? You promised you'd be there for me!"
"You never called, my dear! And its 'Em' for you!"
"Yknow, Em, I was thinking.."
"Yeah, one must do that too, once in a while!"
"Shut-up and listen to me. Ummm...what was I saying? Dang it, I forgot!!"
"You were wondering how different people perceive things in a different way. And yet..."
"You're an Angel, aren't you?"
"Perception, my love! My neighbour thinks I'm just another girl next door. My milkmaid thinks I'm just an ordinary miserly lady. To someone I don't know, I'm just one of those dime-a-dozen people that you bump into every day, every walk of your life and not think even once that I might be someone they know, for I'm not someone they know anyway."
"Don't be such a smart-ass! You know what I meant!"
"No, am not an Angel. Far from it."
"How do you know *every* thing? You're not just one of those dime-a-dozen people that you say you are!"
"Do we really want to talk about this?"
"Not if you don't want me to!"
"Good. Then we will talk about it"
"Then let me correct you. I don't know *every* thing. I just know a lot about *you*. You're Jack McDonald. You turned 25 last December. You've been working at this place for a little over two years now - although you're already getting a feel you should be working elsewhere! You have two really good pals that you can count on any day, any moment! One of them I've known for 9 years now."
She'd been noticing Jack (and virtually stalking him) for almost 4 years now! She was studying architecture back then. And he was a student of Engineering in the same college.
"No!! Don't tell me!"
"What?"
"You're not Emma McDonnell, are you?"
"Mmmm... Yes, that would be me!"
"Always wanted to know you! Heard so much about your histrionic prowess.."
"All good I hope!", she grinned. Her teeth were the perfect pearly whites Jack had ever seen. Although her grin made her nose stoop a little to the left, but she looked better when she grinned. And she looked awesome when she didn't!
"You played Juliet in the college play, didn't you?"
"As a matter of fact, I did"
"Its a pity I was sick for a month then. Pox, you know!"
"Well, good thing you were sick. Or all that illusion about my histrionic prowess would've been shattered that very day!", she managed a giggle.
"I'm sure it wouldn't have been that way", he remarked matter of factly. She blushed and her pink cheeks turned a shade deeper.
"But I'm still a little confused! How can you know when I'm calling you?"
"Oh! I can. I'm gifted."
"Hmmm!" He didn't know what she meant, but he didn't want to. If it was anything important, she'd tell her if she felt like it anyway.
She gazed at her watch and winced. "Ouch! Its nearly half past nine. I'll need to rush!"
"Can I drop you off at your place?"
"Yeah, why not!"
They walked to her place enjoying each others company like they had ever since they'd met 3 days, 16 hours, 45 minutes and 38 seconds ago!

2 comments:

Revealed said...

Weirdddddddddddddddddd!!! Who *is* she?

Shutterbug said...

You think I'm telling you? :p