Friday, April 13, 2007

Panem et Circences..!!

It was just about half past five in the evening and I had just come back from college. Of course this was the summer of 2000. Although it seems like it was yesterday, but we know it wasn't.
The weather had been really pleasant all afternoon. Light dust-storm, and a drizzle followed. It was the most wonderful sight specially because our college had this really huge ground right in front of it. The ground wasn't levelled all over, so it kinda gave it the mountainous feel, only without rocks or greenery. But because this particular evening had had a drizzle, the dust that usually swirled 15-20 meters high, was hardly there although the breeze that caused the tornado like scenes wes very much still there. The adventure-loving people that me and my best pal were (are), we couldn't resist the open arms of the weather and what it had in store for us, apparently.
We walked together talking very little as we basked in the beauty of this thing we call nature! And how!! I still recollect he was wearing his dark-blue T-shirt and I was in my (the then) favourite blue shirt. And strangely enough some portions of the ground was still dry (I still wonder why) causing localised dust-storms hardly as big as we'd become used to, but even then it made a great sight. It was, I recall, the afternoon which saw us appear for the Chemistry-II exams in the 1st Year of Engineering (reason why it felt all the more beautiful). So we meandered across the ground like a cloud over some mountain, not knowing which way to go! Only in our case, we weren't sure which way to go first!
Then after about an hour and a half of mooching around, we went to the nearby juice-bar. There I had my favourite "Cold-Coffee" (like only those guys made). We got back and strangely enough I don't recall anything about the conversation we had, but whatever little of it there was - I must have enjoyed for I still recall the day! & was definitely one of the best 'talks' I've had with anyone ever! :D

2 comments:

Revealed said...

Hehehe. The talk that never was :D

Shutterbug said...

Those are the *best* there are! :)