Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We Will Survive! (I just wish some of us wouldn't >:P)

We survive everything life throws at us. And I mean everything!! Its not even funny. Come to think of it it must be a miracle that we survive as long as we do (sadly, for some). Thats like the understatement of the century. With all the imminent diseases, fires, syndromes, accidents, calamities, ammonia leaks just waiting to happen, we might consider ourselves really lucky to have been alive for this long!
And quite frankly, If I were God (how I wish I was!) I would've liquidated people by the dozen!! Yeah, yeah I know - I'm over-reacting a little, you think. But you should get to know the people that I have to deal with all day!! Ok, ok lets not get side-tracked.
It gets kinda scary sometimes with the kind of danger that shrouds us all around. There are a hundred million ways one can die or be killed - and just one to live! Now the mathematician in me says thats pretty unfair, if probability is anything to go by. But then again its hard to believe probability when *some* people live so they can keep vexing you like all the time! Sometimes i feel there is no God - but then I'm reminded of all the good things life has to offer and I quickly eschew all agnostic feelings for God like I abjure solving mathematics problems!
Its really strange that sometimes prudence should emanate from reading stuff that seem pretty frolicsome in the first instance. I'm particularly reminded of this Calvin & Hobbes strip that had Calvin musing on how arduous it is to have faith in Lightning (& in a way - God himself) when there aren't enough well placed lightnings to eliminate jerks (for good).
At the end of it all, I think we'll all survive the deluge of numbskulls and their weird ways like the insurmountable
protagonist in just about every movie we lay our eyes on (barring a few exceptions). And who knows, we might even dance our way around bushes too! (I hope not - am a lousy dancer and I wouldn't want *her* to start hating me the moment she fell in love) :p

1 comment:

Revealed said...

Heheheh. KFUJ I presume? >:D< Chin up, stiff upper lip and all that :P