Saturday, March 24, 2007

Full Circle..!! (Or Poetry In Pang)

'Let's not even talk about', I said, down in the mouth and all .
'Too hoppin' mad to talk I am. I sooooo knew it!' She complained furiously. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, they said. It shall never be my endeavor to seek proficiency first hand, in this particular matter, for Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread
'Well, I didn't. Which is why it hurts all the more!', was all I could come up with, totally dejected at the way Life had played its evil game over again for the umpteenth time.

Somethings in life do deserve a special mention. This one could do without it.

Life can be that way - always the leveler that He claims He is! But seriously, do we even need things to be fair? Will it just not be good enough if it had to be a little unfair in our favor? And although explaining our failures that way would be wayyyyyyy to difficult - come to think of it - who would encounter failures if He was on our side?
Happenstances, they say, have their own significance. No matter how trivial or how crucial!
(Yeah, Right! And I was born yesterday!)
I think people come up with such lines to give solace to their sorry souls - for how can you explain people pardoning the way Life treats them?

Life! Death To Thee!!
I Shall
Set Thee Free.
(One Of These Days)
I Shall

To be or not to be is the question!

'I'd rather be than not be! For being is better than not being!" (Said I)
"Ummm...me too, My Lord?",
said Gloom.
"Oh, what the heck! Yes, you too!",
totally sorry as soon as I heard those sound waves travel to the distant corners of the Garden Of Eden
"But do remember! We're legally separated now. I still have that Restraining Order and I wouldn't mind sending you back to jail!!' I sneered, not sorry for one lousy moment that it might hurt my (once) soul-mate.

Gloom! Death To Thee!!
I Shall
Set Thee Free.
(One Of These Days)
I Shall

I looked in their eyes. They were sorry. For they had done what was humanly possible - and I couldn't have asked for more, for they were only mortals. Tears rolled down their cheeks for they had been hurt as much as I. Only they had been hurt all the more (knew not I). All the more you say? Aye! Easy to shatter the hopes of billions, you say? Nay! Takes some doing. Specially after you've carried the hopes to such lofty heights.
'Forgiveness, is what you deserve', I wish I'd said
But I didn't, for I didn't get the chance.

But I wish to let them know
I'm ready to forgive and let go!
No point hanging on to something
that'll only feelings of distress, forego!

Oh Men! Pardon To Thee!
I Shall
Set Thee Free
(On This Very Day)
I Shall
(Set Thee Free)

2 comments:

Revealed said...

You should just ask them to pull up their socks and get to work! No sympathy! [-(

Shutterbug said...

No, no!
You sound like you mean they haven't been working at all!
Everyone has a bad day honey, & sometimes they have two! :)